Cow (dur. 10 min)
Inspired initially by an Oxford Times article regarding an attacking cow, Kounadea wished to give voice to the cow to make an apology. When the human trait of language was gifted to the cow, the fascinatingly overlapping world between two different species was revealed.
The work uses the tools of metaphor and pun to explore the relationship between women and cattle and consequently, the one of humans and animals and results in raising a question regarding hierarchy and roles in the context of human, animal and inter-species relationships in contemporary society.
- Cabaret Melancholique, The Horse Hospital, London
- CARU Anniversary Event, OVADA Warehouse, Oxford
- 15 Minutes Factory, Queen of Hoxton, London
- Tour De Bord Experiment, Bow Road Warehouse Unit, London
- Oxford Pride, The Jam Factory, Oxford